Account Director - Food (Expired Vacancy)
up to £48,000 + benefits
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
Summary of role & profile
A senior account management position where strong previous packaging graphics project management is essential. Set and lead overall Packaging Implementation processes for a significant UK food service sector partner.
Deliver excellence, via the service level agreement and artwork production KPI’s through our successful packaging team.
This role requires high levels of client relationship management, presentation and communication skills, concept to print project management, and supply chain management, demonstrating commercial efficiency in all areas. Preferably already from the retail / FMCG / Food Service markets or print / packaging industry.
This role requires a self-starting individual, confident as the sole representative within the client’s marketing department. Being full time based at the client’s premises there is a high level of face-to-face client interaction - providing leadership and inspirational thinking impacting the client’s perception of their own business on an on-going basis.
Supported by an internal team based at the studio, you will be a motivational leader of our production and account management teams and be responsible for the quality of the information, product services and work.
The Packaging Manager will be a strategic thinker, be a confident presenter and have current experience working on packaging and/or consumer marketing projects.
It is imperative the Packaging Manager will be a capable communicator, well versed in effective brainstorming, problem solving and project conception through to delivery. Act as a change agent / impact player from both an internal and external perspective by inspiring both client and companies own performances in growing their market share. Never being satisfied with status quo and challenging new ways of working / approach deliver exceptional levels of service, ideas, as well continuously improving speed to market.
• Full commercial responsibility of running the account, exceeding and reporting on agreed SLAs & KPIs.
• Produce timely, clear and accurate estimates ensuring all suppliers understand and approve costs prior to project inception.
• Supply invoices with full amendment breakdown.
• Budget forecasting, commercial reporting and performance analysis.
• Build and sustain strong relationships at all levels across head office departments. Work as the pivotal liaison between the Marketing Own Brand team, suppliers and printers, always ensuring corporate brand values are upheld within the artwork and print processes.
• Become an active participant and contributor within the clients own brand marketing team.
• Keep abreast of trends in the retail and food service sectors and how they may affect the client. Be commercially aware and responsive to client goals.
• Attend all category and own brand meetings with the lead client contacts and appraise them of status of projects within the category. Be able to troubleshoot issues and keep client updated and informed of any corrective action with regard to complaints made.
• Ensure all NPD & redesign artwork projects are planned, executed and delivered in a professional manner.
• Attend, and have ability to chair, design development meetings for all new ranges and re-designs and advice on printability, ensuring any concerns with the printability of the design are raised clearly. Recommend the best approach to achieve desired results.
• Build relationships with design agency contacts, suppliers and printers and provide continuous support and advice where appropriate to reinforce our management of the NPD process.
• Ensure the brief for any special requirements is clear and communicated early with all timings & costs agreed.
• Ensure the brand concept is communicated clearly to studio contacts and organise and attend briefings at the studio.
• Ensure brand guidelines are rigorously applied, updated and revisioned as appropriate
• Work with the brand guardian and ensure that range reviews are carried out on any new designs.
• Arrange and chair artwork sign off meetings as required.
• Manage the artwork approval process. Chase outstanding comments as required. Gain agreement on an approved artwork to take forward to repro.
• Provide weekly status report for the client.
• Work with suppliers to ensure printed samples are submitted after press runs for post implementation review & approval.
• Liaise with any affiliated bodies on specific logo applications to ensure artwork is legal.
• Arrange attendance to print runs and supplier visits as required.
• Prioritise workloads and distribute projects accurately and in a timely manner to internal studio team.
• Be a positive and calm leader maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
• Support your team members with design concept approval meetings, pre-production meetings or studio briefings as required.
• Be able to closely support the Operations Director and provide clear communication and client updates.
• Build a strong relationship with the extended team at the studio. Take a flexible approach whilst ensuring timelines are achieved.
Skills & Experience
• Strong organisational skills along with ability to multi task.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Independent leader requiring minimal guidance - a self-starter and finisher.
• Smart appearance and professional attitude.
• Approachable and trustworthy.
• PC literate – Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience of industry web based briefing and approval systems.
• High level of knowledge in artwork, reprographics & print within brand packaging.
• Knowledge of conceptual design processes and packaging technology development desirable.
• Ability to seamlessly integrate with the client team.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.