Packaging Technologist (Expired Vacancy)
£35,000 - £38,000 + 15% bonus + pension
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
Implement globally the Company packaging strategy as determined by the Packaging Manager. Deliver the strategy ensuring primary, secondary and tertiary packaging is of the quality demanded and fit for purpose safe and legal meets minimum waste requirements and is efficiently managed throughout the supply chain.
Liaise with and provide packaging support to QA Colleagues Buying and Brand teams Regional Technical teams DC/ Supply Chain and other appropriate stakeholders as necessary.
Responsible for packaging projects as determined by the Packaging Manager ensuring that packaging development and activities are conducted in line with critical path and agreed process/ KPIs’.
Propose packaging opportunities that could provide business benefits and that may be included in the Company packaging strategy/packaging agenda
- Working on a global basis, accountable for structural packaging design/development solutions within product range(s) and lifecycles.
- Accountable for packaging projects providing support and guidance for all stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with supplier/vendor base. Provide suppliers/vendors with appropriate information and documentation to meet Wilkinson’s expectations efficiently and effectively.
- Identify and assess technological innovations, best practice, industry, and competitor standards and make recommendations to line manager and appropriate stakeholders.
- Conduct research and benchmarking exercises as required.
- Evaluate customer feedback, complaints and damage/returns levels to drive continuous improvement in packaging within packaging and brand strategy guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of current packaging legislation and regulations.
- Ensure technical files and specifications are produced and effectively maintained.
- Ensure appropriate assessments/testing are conducted on packaging in line with critical path requirements ensuring that documentary and other evidence exists to provide robust due diligence and traceability.
- Monitor performance of packaging against agreed quality KPIs, ensuring that there is an effective corrective action and improvement plan in place where required.
- Work with the Packaging Manager to support the approval and development of new and existing packaging suppliers.
- Determine, define and recommend to the Packaging Manager what needs to be included in the packaging agenda.
- In association with the Packaging Manager, identify personal development and training needs, agreeing appropriate actions and activities.
- Develop and deliver QA Dept initiatives that build strong internal and external working relationships.
- To fulfill health and safety obligations by ensuring that safe working practices are followed at all times.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as required.
- Knowledge of structural packaging technologies and materials across a broad range of non food product areas.
- Ability to design, develop and implement bespoke packaging solutions at primary, secondary and tertiary packaging levels.
- Understanding of packaging legislation, Quality Management Systems, auditing principles and ethical trading.
- Degree in structural packaging related discipline, and/or Diploma in Packaging Technology with suitable vocational training.
- 5 years post qualification in a non food packaging environment preferred.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.