Account Manager - Packaging Development
£30,000 - £38,000 + benefits
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
An account management position where strong previous experience of own label packaging development is key as well as the ability to manage a large team. This demanding role requires an individual with a high level of proven presentation and communication skills, who can illustrate their experience in cradle to grave project management in the FMCG sector. Preferably you are already from either the retail / FMCG markets or print / packaging industry.
• Keep abreast of trends in the retail market and how they may affect the client. Be commercially aware and responsive to client needs.
• Oversee high profile projects and corporate redesigns.
• Address critical path deadline delays with commercial categories when necessary. Manage all aspects of category expectations.
• Work with design studio to identify any ranges which could be developed using the ‘hero’ process to save cost.
• Own and be responsible for ensuring that all artwork projects are managed in a professional manner.
• Be able to run high profile projects and brand redesigns.
• Create and manage critical paths according to client launch schedule and knowledge of print lead times.
• Manage the approval of pack copies via the client system, including Legal.
• Manage the approval of design, photography, artwork and repro to ensure the design seal date is met.
• Ensure all ranges are travel tested and comply to protocol.
• Build a relationship with leading design studio contacts. Ensure that cutters are sent in a timely fashion.
• Arrange and attend design development and pre-production meetings with suppliers, printers, client and pre-production technician. Ensure any concerns with the printability of the design are discussed. Arrange Mock-ups when required.
• Manage the handover of approved design files from design studio ensuring correct cutters are supplied at the beginning of projects.
• Work with the brand guardian and production manager to ensure that range reviews are carried out on all new designs.
• Arrange and chair artwork sign off meetings.
• Oversee the commercial aspects of the account with the support of the Account Director
• Maintain up to date knowledge of latest packaging developments and communicate findings with category personnel.
• Work with category teams to help deliver targets set by Head of Packaging.
• Skills & Experience
• Strong organisational skills along with ability to multi task.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Good attention to detail.
• Flexible and hardworking.
• A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
• Smart appearance and professional attitude.
• Approachable and trustworthy.
• PC literate – Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience of industry web based briefing and approval systems.
• Knowledge of print or repro.
• Knowledge of design, retail, brand and packaging.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job, click on the "Apply for this job" button below. You will be prompted to write a short cover note which will be sent directly to the recruiter with a link to your oZZle profile. Your application is sent straight to the recruiter with a copy to yourself. This will display the advertisers direct email address should you wish to follow up and support your application - please do not email the website.
Or, share with your friends ...