Technical Packaging Manager - Pharmaceuticals (Expired Vacancy)
£45,000 to £55,000 + benefits
London - North, Hertfordshire
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the Head of Technical Affairs, this job is responsible for the technical leadership, co-ordination and management of the packaging support operation as detailed below
Day to day co-ordination of the packaging technologist group including performance management, KPI’s and metrics management for packaging, initiatives and tasks.
Providing Technical guidance, facilitation and support to perations, affiliates and Third Party Organisations (TPO) as the packaging technical expert.
Development of the technical capability of the technologist group through technical leadership, guidance and mentoring of the team of 4
Supporting operations at the ackaging Centre of Excellence in North London/Herts. This activity includes the development and implementation of all the necessary systems and processes and equipment for a packaging operation.
Management of the operational support provided to the packaging operation including change management, CAPA management, root cause analysis (RCA), complaint investigation and continuous improvement activities.
Managing New Product Introduction and technology transfer.Providing Technical representation and guidance to International Project Teams for product introductions into the European Economic area.
Ensuring the compliance of technologist activities with all statutory requirements and regulations.
The function of this role is the day to day operational co-ordination and management as well as personal involvement in the following
• Applies Good Manufacturing Practices in all areas of responsibility.
• Identify errors and areas for development.
• Act as point of contact for packaging related queries and issues.
• Liaise with Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain and Packaging suppliers.
• Routine support of packaging operations
• Corrective Action & Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations
• Complaint investigation/root cause analysis
• Introduction of New products, materials and components into/out of
• Continuous improvement of processes, operations & systems.
• Support and facilitation of affiliates, third party operations and supply chain.
• Support of business development and commercialisation projects.
• Performance management and development planning of the technologist group.
In addition the role will also support the Head of Technical Affairs in the development of long tern strategic capital and headcount plans for the Technical function.
Tools and equipment used
• Trackwise application suite.
• MS Office suite ( Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access etc)
• Statistical analysis software.
• SAP or equivalent system.
1. Qualifications and education required
• Degree level education in a relevant discipline either science or packaging based qualification would be acceptable depending on subsequent experience.
• Membership of an appropriate technical body an advantage.
2. Experience required
• Extensive relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a packaging based role.
• Experience of people management in an operational environment
• Demonstrable familiarity of MHRA guidance, cGMP and H&S regulations.
• Practical hands on experience of packaging equipment and technology.
• New Pack design and pack rationalisation
• Procurement of packaging tooling
• Small project equipment modifications, e.g. booklet inserter
• Generation of qualification/validation documents
• Qualification of packaging tooling and ancillary packaging equipment e.g. deblisterer
• Process Window development (including edge of failure testing)
• Interaction with all pack equipment suppliers
• Vision system validation
• Management of pack families and Packaging Process Validation
• Machine optimisation
• Tooling life cycle management
3. Skills and aptitude required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the strength of character to keep a team focussed on objectives and success criteria.
• Ability to work with internal and external customers in order to progress product development activities.
• Adaptable and flexible to cope with the needs of the operational, supply chain and key stakeholders requirements.
• Ability to identify opportunities for process & operational improvements and implement appropriate project changes to deliver these benefits
• Passion for “right-first-time” processes and a determination to understand breakdown/failure root cause and prevent reoccurrence.
• Strong organising and coordinating skills.
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and potentially conflicting requirements.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in relation to the developing role and organisational requirements.
• Ability to identify the needs of the team, address the gaps and then implement necessary measures and then monitor.
Salary & Benefits package
Basic Salary £45,000 - £55,000 - dependant on skills & experience
Holiday 26 days, increased with service
Pension 5% Employee, 10% Employer
Health Insurance AXA PPP Healthcare
Dental Insurance Denplan
Life Assurance 4 x Basic salary
PHI Cover (long term disability/income insurance).
Flexible working arrangements Flexitime and Working from Home
Payment of up to two professional subscriptions pa
Annual discretionary Bonus based on individual and company. performance - up to a maximum of 15%
Childcare Voucher System
Eye Care Vouchers
On site company restaurant
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.