Packaging Development Manager - Premium Cosmetics, Skincare, Fragrance (Expired Vacancy)
to £55,000 + bonus up to 20% + pension + private medical cover
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
This role plays an integral part in the Product Development and Supply team, and provides an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-moving, innovative environment providing high quality packaging for premium global brands.
To be successful in this role you will need to have extensive technical experience within the beauty industry, preferably in skin, bath & body care, supported with appropriate technical qualifications. Excellent communication skills and an ability to think outside the box are paramount.
Able to thrive under pressure & work in a very fast past environment delivering results.
This role is based in London and will require regular travel to both our UK and overseas suppliers.
The job covers 5 specific areas
1. Supplier liaison and support
- Provide contract manufacturers with technical support at any stage of product life-cycle.
- Develop in conjunction with contract manufacturers packaging that is fit for manufacture and of appropriate quality and style for all various brands.
- Compile, distribute and sign-off packaging and assembly specifications
approve packaging standards and finished goods standards.
- Support when assessing potential new contract manufacturers on their packaging filling capabilities.
- Attend first print runs at packaging suppliers and filling start ups at contract manufacturers.
- Resolve any packaging quality issues and audit contract manufacturers
and component suppliers where necessary.
- Ensure that packaging development critical path info is at all times accurate, highlighting potential risks and resolutions.
- Arrange and track compatibility testing and any other packaging testing for all developments.
- Ensure compliance with all existing and new packaging legislation.
- Liaison with and management of external design and repro
2. Christmas gift packaging
- Proactively identify and source new gift assembly constructions.
- Development of fit for purpose gift boxes, bags etc.
- Support the selection of suitable, quality suppliers.
- Compilation of briefs and other development documentation.
- Brief suppliers, obtaining quotations and lead-times.
- Assessing cost drivers and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Management of press sample requirements.
- Attending print runs with various suppliers in Europe & Far East
3. Packaging Innovation
- Proactively identify, assess and source new and innovative packaging in-keeping with the various brand images providing the next generation of packaging, ahead of the competition.
- Managing new tooling with various supplier and working together with contract manufacturer ensure the pack is fit for production, purpose and adheres to quality requirements for the brand.
- Review new packaging suppliers in line with agreed criteria.
- Support concept development process with technically sound advice pre-empting potential issues and maximising quality and cost efficiency.
- Source innovative accessories for all brands.
- Develop a supply strategy, including preferred supplier list, in respect of tubes, bottles, jars, cartons.
- Adherence to packaging cost targets, and where possible looking at other cost effective, but quality options.
- Develop and manage a packaging library.
5. Component and assembly specifications and packaging waste
- Compile and distribute packaging specifications and standards for any free issued componentry.
- Management of artwork and finished goods standards libraries.
- Compilation of the annual packaging waste information for Valpak for the entire business.
Basic up to £55,000
Bonus up to 20% p.a
Bupa private medical insurance
Stakeholder pension 4% contribution
X4 Life cover
25 days holidays + all bank holidays
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.