Technical Services Manager (Expired Vacancy)
Key Recruitment (UK) Ltd
£34000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Since 1992 Key Recruitment, a member of the Key Group of Companies, has been providing sales, management and technical personnel to many of the major organisations in a number of specific industry sectors, and have fostered long standing relationships with a number of these organisations.
Now operating within both the UK and European market places, we have developed a flexible and comprehensive approach to recruitment processes and industry expertise.
Technical Services Manager
UK - External Role
Salary £34 - £40k
My client is a market leader in the manufacture and distribution of printed folded cartons to the food retail industry.
* To support the Technical Manager on all aspects of Technical Service provided to their customers.
* To provide Technical support and advice to Production Management and Technical field support for all customer complaints and runnability issues
* Investigate internal & external Technical and Quality issues and determine remedial action.
* To liaise with customers Technical and Engineering personnel at all levels regarding any issues with their packaging.
* Provide effective and swift solutions to Technical problems at customer sites.
* Be able to identify and rectify any potential runnability issues with their packaging prior to sending to the customer.
* Have a good understanding of internal test procedures and their relevance in terms of carton performance at customer sites.
* To carry out internal audits as required.
* Ensure effective communication between the company and its customers during co-ordination of any trials.
* Carry out trials at customers plants and submit written reports including any recommendations for improvements.
* Support the Technical Manager as required with resource for new and existing customer issues.
* To liaise with all internal departments ensuring their Technical needs are met
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Provide a fast, professional response to any Technical issues that our customers or internal departments require.
* Attend customer sites at short notice to evaluate any potential issues.
* Support Sales Managers with Technical advice / presentations.
* Build relationships with existing and new customers.
* Have a good understanding of the packaging equipment that their customers have and be aware of the limitations / areas of potential weakness.
* Extensive travel / unsocial hours are not uncommon.
* To support the Technical manager in resolving day to day Technical issues as required.
* Maintain and update the Customers Specifications database.
* Identify any potential issues with new Packaging Development issues.
* Be able to recommend alternative materials when the existing materials are not available.
* Supervise internal trials and follow through to trialing at customer sites.
* Work with internal production departments to optimize carton design and production for improved runnability on customer equipment.
* Work closely with the Design Studio on new customer briefs for cartons to run on existing or new equipment.
* Have a good understanding of the companies Technical capabilities.
* Substitute for colleagues in times of absence.
* Ability to work equally as well individually or as part of a team.
* Have a good understanding of the carton manufacturing process.
* Be aware of the test procedures (routine and special) and their importance.
* Have a good understanding of the interaction between cartons and packaging machinery.
* Be aware of what can cause cartons not to run properly at customers sites, in terms of their equipment or the packaging that they supply.
* High standard of numeracy/literacy
* Good IT skills
* Exposure to Packaging Machinery.
* Experience of dealing with customers at all levels.
* Previous experience within a similar role, ideally within the packaging/carton industry
* An understanding and knowledge of testing requirements and procedures
* Good clear verbal and written communication
* Effective team player
* Ability to operate and communicate well at all levels within the business and externally
* Good organisation skills
* Effective problem-solving and logical decision making ability
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent analytical skills
* Be able to manage multiple issues at the same time
* Be able to quickly prioritize workloads
* Flexible approach to working pattern and be prepared to travel at short notice
* Have a "can do" attitude
* Enjoy a challenge
* Ability to keep calm under stressful situations
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.