Account Manager (Expired Vacancy)
£competitive dependant on experience
Gateshead (Tyne and Wear)
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
The Benson Group is the UK's fastest growing packaging manufacturer, operating out of four sites, and producing printed cartons for customers in both the food and pharmaceutical industries. We operate three state-of-the-art printing centres in the UK for the production of high quality folding cartons for the food industry. The manufacturer provides packaging for a wide range of customers, including the UK's leading supermarket chains. The company employs some 790 personnel across four sites. Headquartered in the Midlands, the company also owns production sites in the North West and North East of the country.
INTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGERS – Gateshead – Dayshift
Reporting to the Sales Office Manager you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of our own and our customers’ businesses. You can expect to liaise with all departments both internally and within the portfolio of accounts for which you will be responsible. Part of a pod of 4 and a department of 16, your key duties will include the project management of new launches, evaluation of customer forecasts to determine print and delivery requirements, raising of orders and picking instructions, collation of job bag documentation, liaison between departments to ensure the timely realisation of customer aspirations, problem solving, commercial analysis and production of various reports.
Your responsibilities will be to
• Regularly communicate with customers regarding sales issues such as stock reports, raising new orders, progressing of existing jobs, etc.
• Maximise the opportunities to contribute to improvements in the profitability of the business such as charging for extras
• Liaise with Despatch and Warehouse departments of any deliveries which customers require to ensure all deliveries are, wherever possible, On Time In Full
• Liaise with Warehouse on the resolution of stock discrepancies and delivery of any old stock we are holding for customers
• Liaise with external agencies as and when required
• Occasionally visit customers as required
• Report any problems to the Sales Office Manager
• Enter new work or updates with existing work on the ‘call off’ report
• Enter new work or updates with existing work on the computerised stock system at various points throughout the day, investigating any deviations
• Ensure that all of the information is available for subsequent departments and that Work Tickets leave the Sales Department complete
• Work in close conjunction with the Planning and Production departments regarding planning schedules to meet customer delivery deadlines (done via daily production meetings)
• Assist in ensuring that all employees joining the company in the Sales Department are trained and competent
• Carry out all duties in accordance with BRC/IoP standards for housekeeping, hygiene and quality
• Ensure good working relationships with all departments
• Ensure there is sufficient notice/cover for holidays and sickness
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Sales Director - North Manager to fully carry out this role
In order to be successful in this environment, you will have excellent communication and organisational skills, tenacity and exceptional attention to detail. You will also need to take responsibility and be passionate with a sound work ethic. A sense of humour will also serve you well.
IT skills need to be at least intermediate level, though an advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages is desirable. B2B customer service experience, ideally within the manufacturing industry, would also be a distinct advantage.
Ideally from a fast-paced sales / customer service background, you will be a confident, hardworking, positive and enthusiastic individual capable of multi-tasking to complete a large number of different duties on a daily basis. You will be a quick learner, able to pick up new ways of doing things and the operation of our management information system
You will be able to demonstrate first class ‘selling’ skills including negotiating, influencing and persuading based on your previous experience. You will be a good listener able to quickly understand and deliver customer requirements.
You will ideally come from a print / packaging background but must have previous experience in a sales / customer service role. You will be of a good educational standard and will be articulate and able to present information to a variety of audiences.
You will need to be/have
• In-depth knowledge of the various procedures and functions within a Sales Department
• Computer literate at intermediate level in all Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook/Email – able to produce clear, concise reports, graphs and presentations
• Ideally competent in the use Avante and/or Imprint but familiar with data input & retrieval from management information systems for use by self and others
• First class organisational and administrative skills
You will be a dynamic, energetic and flexible individual who is level headed and patient under extreme pressure and able to work to very tight deadlines. You will be proactive, able to adapt quickly to the fast-paced printing/packaging environment we work in. You will be results driven and self-motivated, able to work on your own initiative. You must be able to work equally well alone or as part of a team
You should enjoy working with and providing a high quality service to internal or external customers
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Key skills Client Liaison, Account Executive, Account Management, Customer Service
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.