Production Services Manager (Expired Vacancy)
SP Group Limited
£ Attractive plus Bonus, Car Allowance, Laptop and mobile
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
We have an exciting vacancy for a Production Services Manager, working within the Operations department based at Redditch.
You will work as part of a dedicated team and your duties will include
o Daily management of the centralised production services teams, including all elements of Health & Safety and housekeeping compliance.
o Regular reporting on departmental performance and actions to improve.
o Develop, and lead, change projects – actively managing key milestones.
o Support of the Company’s continuous improvement activities.
o Setting and subsequent management of, annual budgets in relation to production services.
o Any other reasonable task request that is required as part of the role of the Production Services function.
• Human Resources
o Ensure all Company HR policies and procedures, such as absence, performance management, appraisals and training development are implemented.
o Setting and control of, annual labour budgets including permanent, flexible and temporary labour costs.
o Motivation, training, development and assessment of departmental staff.
• Production Services
o Provide a conduit for the interpretation of the client’s requirements into a standardised, understandable and efficient manufacturing and logistics solution.
o Work closely with the customer services team to ensure that briefing information is suitably detailed and clear to allow the best possible service to be offered to the client and our business.
o Provide strategic input into the shape of the operational strategy.
o Help implement the strategic intent of the operational strategy.
o Ruthless focus on achieving client SLA’s, while constantly balancing the need for operational effectiveness and efficiency.
o On time, in full, provision of accurate information to both customer services and planning & optimising teams.
o Develop, implement, measure and improve processes and procedures across the department, to improve cost effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
o Maximise Gross Margin across the client portfolio.
o Control over elements of costing and estimating, as required.
• Extensive experience within a printing / production services /
• Experience at managing a production services operation of
• Experience of client facing interactions (sales, technical
support, or similar).
• Experience in using and developing enterprise scale computer
systems in a distribution, fulfilment and/or commercial printing
environment (such as Red Prairie, SAP, Tharstern, or similar).
• Working knowledge of planning and scheduling systems and methods.
• Experience in development of, and adherence to, operational
budgets and targets.
• Commercial print (litho, screen, digital, etc) knowledge and
knowledge of POS market.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable analytical skills and excellent critical reasoning
• Confident, Professional outlook and computer literate.
• Delegation skills, decisive, positive outlook, and Consultative
and empowering approach to subordinates.
• Experience in continuous improvement programmes and a working
understanding of continuous improvement tools – desirable.
• Proven Human Resource Management skills – desirable.
• Effective and professional management of conflict – desirable.
• Excellent presentation skills - desirable.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES OR PUBLICATIONS PLEASE.
KEYWORDS Production Services Manager, Production Manager. Operations Manager, HR, Human Resources, Office Manager, Commercial Manager.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.