General Manager (Expired Vacancy)
Know It All UK Limited
£40-50,000+ OTE, company car pension, mobile phone laptop.
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Know It All is a training, recruitment and consultancy business that works with clients…
Put simply we guarantee sales in line with our agreed targets.
Job title General Manager
Remuneration £40-50,000+ OTE, company car pension, mobile phone laptop.
Location Based in Wiltshire with a client base clustered around the Bristol / Bath area, as well as the south coast.
• Our client is a successful, vibrant and innovative packaging distributor business based in Wiltshire now part of a packaging Group with an excellent pedigree that stretches back to its formation in 1926.
• The Group includes a series of workshops underpinned by excellent investment and lean manufacturing principles, they offer a truly diverse product range.
• There is a real entrepreneurial flair and management competence throughout the business, and a commitment to grow it in the medium term.
• There is also a growing willingness to elevate their game, with a restless drive to offer leading edge service to clients whilst buying very competitively.
• The main challenges of the role are
o Manage the Wiltshire packaging distribution business, which has a team of four (the General Manager, Sales Manager, warehouseman and driver).
o Deliver sales, margin and profits in line with the agreed budget.
o Ensure that purchasing costs and stock levels are optimal.
o Deliver profitable growth in the packaging distribution market. Hence grow current sales of circa £1.3m by £250,000+ next year or so.
o Manage the strategic direction of the business.
• The key experience and knowledge requirements for the role
o A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience of sales or general management in a packaging business ideally a packaging distributor.
o Motivating and coaching of sales and logistics staff whilst working in a highly flexible environment.
o An understanding & appreciation of financial performance measurements is important.
o A proven track record of buying and selling well!
• The key personal behaviours and attitudes required for the role are
o Customer focused with an entrepreneurial core.
o A team-player with a passion.
o Strong influencing / negotiating skills.
o Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
o Good communication skills.
Why You Should Apply
• In these troubled times our client is a stable, profitable and independent business that continues to seek growth opportunities.
• You would be joining an excellent, friendly and highly-competent team that is going places.
(Consult It All is acting as an employment agency).
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.