Principal Scientist - Packaging Strategic Research (Expired Vacancy)
£65,000 - £75,000 + bonus to 20% , £8,000 car allowance, PHI, pension
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
Working within the Packaging Strategic Research's global group whose primary role is to identify, and develop innovative and unique packaging technologies and platforms that would help drive growth, productivity, quality and increased Brand Value through novel packaging. Position would primarly support the European businesses and selectively other global regions. Position would require travel of up to 40 %.
Description of Role and Responsibilities
• Search out, develop and commercialize innovative packaging technologies and strategic platforms
• Drive key packaging technologies on significant business initiatives by influencing partners in other functions and external companies
• Manage the direction of packaging technology initiatives, assuming responsibility for prioritization, definition, initiation, and commercialization
• Link into the Global Category Team / Centre of Excellence & identify fast adapt opportunities that could be applied to business needs
• Act as the key technical flexible packaging leader on cross-functional teams across R&D & the supply chain
• Provide leadership to management and cross-functional partners on strategic direction of programs involving new packaging applications
• Provide training and coaching to junior engineers / technologists in the region
• Represent the company externally through attending / presenting at industry conferences and forums
Candidates must be educated to minimum Degree level & have 10+ years experience in packaging technology/engineering/innovation within the food/fmcg markets.
• Solid experience with Packaging Material Science /Technology – primarily flexibles
• A proactive leader with proven success in R&D,commercial and/or production roles
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to influence business partners on new opportunities.
• Commercialization Experience across the Value Chain
• Strong Functional/Technical and Problem Solving skills
• Exhibits good Peer Relationship, Organizational & Project Management skills
• Capable of managing multiple assignments/tasks concurrently
• Experience with multilayer co-extrusion packaging film technology - blown / cast
• Experience in packaging printing / conversions advantageous
• Experience with IP strategy development and the patent process
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.