Buyer (Expired Vacancy)
Key Recruitment (UK) Ltd
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Since 1992 Key Recruitment, a member of the Key Group of Companies, has been providing sales, management and technical personnel to many of the major organisations in a number of specific industry sectors, and have fostered long standing relationships with a number of these organisations.
Now operating within both the UK and European market places, we have developed a flexible and comprehensive approach to recruitment processes and industry expertise.
• GCSE Level Education or equivalent
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working within a Purchasing Department, preferably within an OM (Original Manufacturer) environment.
• Reporting to the Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager
• Ability to understand key priorities and to build relationships with suppliers such that parts are delivered as required for project assembly.
• Evidence of successful commercial negotiating skills that ensure costs are minimised at all stages of procurement.
• Handle what can be a high number of purchase orders in a quick and expedient manner on daily basis with tight deadlines.
• IT Computer Systems skills to allow rapid and effective communication with timely and accurate analysis. (Purchasing Stock Control System, Microsoft Office etc.).
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm for our Suppliers, Internal Customers and our Product that will translate into a good relationship when under pressure.
• Strategic purchasing experience.
Overall job description
• To produce from computer generated listings and purchase requisitions all the day to day requirements associated with a major OM of packaging machinery.
• Responsible for an annual spend of c£1.5m, all low volume, high variety.
• To update the Purchasing/Planning System with Order Confirmations/Delivery Updates and to liaise with suppliers where delivery problems exist to enable action to be taken.
• Produce Monthly Reports on Supplier Spend and Delivery Performance.
• Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Department.
• This job is a key part of our operations and requires good team working and commitment to our overall project commitments.
• Support Spares and peripheral procurement as required.
Types of tasks include
• Complete the purchase of the computerised daily order report. The objective is to place all orders before the end of the working day.
• Progress chase outstanding purchase orders and update the details on the computerised system
• Ensure all entries have confirmed prices and agreed deliveries to the production schedule.
• Review all notified increases with the Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager prior to acceptance.
• Attend departmental and project meetings
• Make recommendations and suggestions to improve the quality of service provided by the Purchasing Department.
• Develop good communications with all departments within the company, especially design and production to improve the purchasing departments understanding of internal customer requirements.
• Identify alternative suppliers and sourcing opportunities for current/obsolete/poor availability parts.
• Ensure all non-conformance issues are resolved with suppliers and work with them to improve their quality and understanding of their requirements.
• Attain knowledge of team members work processes to be able to provide cover during sickness/holiday absence.
Key areas of responsibility
• Quality Management
• Relationship Management
• Performance Management
• Supplier Development
• Capacity Forecasting
• Raw material pricing forecasts
• Price Testing
Project Timing Reviews
• Available lead-times
• Timing Changes
• Material availability
• Issue Feedback
• Stock/Don’t stock Proposals
• Core parts Include/Don’t include proposals
• Order Placement/Progress Chasing
Keywords Procurement, Buyer, Buying, Purchasing.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.