NPD Packaging Technologist (Expired Vacancy)
£42,000 +10% bonus + PHI, Pension & life assurance
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
The ideal candidate will have an Engineering background within FMCG & bottling experience gained in drinks, food, pharma or personalcare. Experience of glass packaging is essential. The NPD Packagfign Technoliogit will be required to operate at Project Management level and be a key link between Marketing and the Bottling hall, negotiating what is possible from a creative perspective & what is possible to run down the lines.
To effectively project manage Branded and QSI Product and Pack Introductions, encompassing all aspects of material development, liquid co-ordination and trialling to ensure manufacturing efficiency whilst delivering full project scope, on-time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
• Leading cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of development projects to the despatch dates, specified quality, marketing criteria and financial targets agreed at project implementation.
• Develop and maintain supplier engagement throughout the component development lifecycle by building effective working relationships.
• Deliver excellent component development which meets defined criteria related to substrate, structure and functionality.
• To manage the maintenance and creation of accurate material/component specifications and manage BOM creation and costing processes ensuring stakeholders are fully aware of progress.
• Conduct Project reviews ensuring ongoing development and improvement of the change processes and supporting ISO documentation.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually meet specified objectives and that quality is maximised.
• Operational Excellence
Provides a high standard of Operational Leadership, utilising best practice
Manages tasks within the project management framework to ensure delivery of agreed milestones
• Provides clear feedback to help others improve.
• Shares knowledge and skills with others.
• Offers ideas or makes improvements to business outcomes.
• Improves self through personal development.
• Is positive and responsive to unconventional approaches that create value.
• Embraces change.
• Delivers on what he/she promises.
• Knows and promotes our brands.
• Brings energy, passion and commitment to work.
• Celebrates success, recognises achievements of individuals and teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Degree Level qualified or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years experience in a FMCG or packaging environment.
• Significant experience of packaging print processes and packaging and material componentry, its functionality and performance requirements.
• Proven track record in Project Management.
• Strong Organisational Skills leading to effective delivery of stakeholder requirements within a change environment.
• Good PC Applications Skills with specific expertise in JDE, (or external equivalent) Webspex, Microsoft Projects, Q-Pulse, Workflow, MSWord, Excel (competent user).
• Knowledge of NPD Processes
• Market mandatory knowledge
• Ability to successfully demonstrate the use of problem solving techniques in a detailed environment.
• Ability to prioritise and achieve targets under pressure whilst managing conflicting priorities.
• Innovative individual who is able to influence others whilst having the resilience to pursue issues to a satisfactory conclusion without excessive guidance.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.