Packaging Technologist - Technical Application & NPI (Expired Vacancy)
up to £35,000 + 15% bonus + non con t pension & private medical cover
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
Resource Partnership is a recruitment specialist, solely focused on Packaging and Product Branding, with over 19 years experience.
With a prestigious client portfolio, we work with companies throughout the UK, Eire and Europe.
Nominated/Preferred recruiter to numerous blue-chip companies within all business sectors to include Food, Confectionery, Beverage, Cosmetics, Toiletries, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Repro & Packaging Manufacturing
We provide rapid and effective recruitment solutions at all levels with a confidential, professional and attentive service.
This position leads assigned technology applications and brand value packaging projects for delivery across multiple sites in the European factory network. You would be responsilbe for independently plan and execute trials / experiments or assign projects or functional expert services. Deliver results, interpretation and technical reports. Based on a good technical knowledge and business awareness the successful candidate would draw conclusions, make recommendations and takes action as needed.
Applies fundamental understanding of packaging to analysis of results or assessment of compliance. Implements corrective measures when necessary.
This specific role would benefit from having a good knowledge of autocad/laser technology to support development in this area, mainly focused on flexible materials.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Active participation in execution of various project types, either multiple complex projects in parallel but with phased deadlines, or, medium-sized R&D projects / activities with 2-3 interfaces. Projects can vary from research, analysis, brief bench-top scale, through to plant trials and commercialisation and may require little guidance from the manager or other team members.
• Leads small projects & working groups (within and across categories / functions)
• Ensures consistency, technical precision and compliance with methods of work in packaging area. Recommends improvements within department.
• Effective contribution as project member in larger teams, focusing on packaging.
• Independent interpretation of data to deliver results and draw business relevant conclusions. Writes technical reports with minimal guidance from manager.
• Effectively structures and presents status updates / proposals to influence partners or share with higher management (up to and including Director-level)
• Awareness of business partners within category and continues to build relationship network.
• May require coaching from direct manager on business topics, but should become a self sufficient expert in his/her main technical area (e.g. laser technology).
• Support others within department in core technical practices.
• Technical network within the category and across functions such as Packaging, Marketing, Procurement, Operations, Corporate Quality, etc., is established begins to build network outside of category and outside of business e.g. with key packaging and technology suppliers
• Conducts relevant legal compliance checks and generates IDF’s from IP searches (as applicable)
Qualifications required/ Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Technical or vocational training up to and including degree level or BS/MS/PhD in a technical discipline
• Thorough understanding of category specific technology, especially the directly- related processes/lines
• Lead research / commercialization of a product/process
• Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority setting
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Strong project management skills (including project plans, updates, flagging derailers on time, etc.)
• Interpersonal savvy – able to adapt personal style to work in international environment
• Excellent presentation and influencing skills
• Ability to ‘Learn on the Fly’
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.