Pre Press Operator (Expired Vacancy)
Medica Packaging Limited
Job Type / Hours
Permanent / Full Time
ozzle/PPO - jL
Medica Packaging Limited, part of the privately owned, Benson Group, manufactures printed cartons, patient information leaflets and labels for the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sector
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Pre Press Operator to join the busy Pre-press department of the Benson Group, working at our site in Crewe. You will work predominantly unsupervised on a day shift pattern (8.15am – 4.30pm), but may also be requested to work shifts
To provide a repro/pre-press and CTP service, in accordance with client brief, production planning schedules and quality standards for both litho and flexo processes. Perform accurate file management, digital artwork generation / manipulation, efficient organisation of plate production and effective liaison with external suppliers
You can expect to carry out the following duties-
• Operating as part of a busy repro / pre-press team
• Following client instructions for creating and amending digital artwork for packaging to correct specifications
• Produce accurate proofs for client approval
• Perform quality checking of artwork when required
• Organising Artwork for production for litho and flexo print processes
• Repro artworks to correct specifications for litho and flexo print processes
• Step & Repeat artwork to layouts for plate making process
• Produce Step & Repeat production proofs for in process checks
• Perform quality checking of production proofs when required
• Use comparator software to check accuracy of production files against customer approved files
• Upload files and order flexo plates from external supplier
• Use digital plate inspection software to check ripped files before submission to CTP
• Release jobs to CTP in an orderly manner in accordance with production planning schedules
• To record activities accurately on departmental trackers
• During busy periods support may be required within CTP in plate making process which consists of collating and issuing printing plates etc.
• Ensure adherence at all times to the Company’s Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures and maintain compliance to appropriate standards.
• To carry out work safely in the interests of other employees and themselves, in compliance with current legislation and Company Environmental, Health & Safety procedures to including general housekeeping and 5’s Philosophy
• To undertake any reasonable request as directed by your Line Manager
In addition you will be expected to-
• Cover for absenteeism and holidays as and when required
• Perform any other duties required of you
• Ensure good working relationships with all internal and external customers you come into contact with
You must be ArtPro / Nexus trained and experienced in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and an understanding of Impact CAD software would be an advantage a technical understanding of the techniques, processes and equipment involved in this role, ideally from having worked within the pre press department of a print/packaging company.
The Pre-Press Operator is essentially responsibility for producing print ready artwork for both litho and flexo print processes performing repro and pre-press function to approved digital artwork for platemaking process and support other processes involved in carton manufacturing.
You will be quality conscious with an eye for detail. Previous experience of producing lithographic /flexo plates would be preferable but is not essential The successful candidate will have experience / knowledge of working in the Packaging, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Food Industry. An understanding of ISO9001 would be an advantage
Please note this is not a creative or graphic designers position this is a repro pre press position planning clients artwork for print on Flexo and Litho large format printing presses.
You will work in a small team and therefore be required to be flexible. You will work unsupervised and therefore must be able to work on your own initiative through a combination of knowledge, experience and logical thought processes. You will be able to react quickly and safely to any given situation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES OR PUBLICATIONS PLEASE.
Apply For This Job
This vacancy has expired, and therefore you cannot apply for it.