||Up to £65,000 depending on experience + car & benefits.
- A retail packaging supplier who supply a comprehensive array of products not for resale (GNFR). A stable, successful and expanding business, they are now looking for an Account Director to develop existing and build new senior management relationship within a designated portfolio of accounts.
- North west with UK Travel.
- Sales & Marketing Director
- To have senior responsibility for clients & Directing the Account Manager and Service Delivery teams. To develop existing and build new senior management relationships within a designated portfolio of company Accounts in the supermarket/retail sectors. Identifying and maximising new business opportunities and developing the right commercial proposition for the future; including managing contract renewal and tender activities, whilst also growing revenues and profit margins. This is both a strategic development role articulating the company proposition to our Customer’s senior managers and key stakeholders and also requires a dynamic, analytical individual with good attention to detail to uncover economies across the supply chain.
Key Accountabilities & Measures:
- To manage the strategic relationships of customers at senior management and operational levels to achieve the annual sales and margin targets.
- To lead the Account Teams consisting of Account Managers/Executives and both Senior Service Delivery Managers & Service Delivery Managers to develop the commercial relationships and communicate the value proposition that the company offers our existing customers.
- To manage the internal relationships at SMT level to align the resources to meet Customer requirements profitably.
- To develop strategic Account Development Plans for the designated Accounts over a 1-3-year period.
- To manage the direct reports and conduct monthly 1-2-1 reviews and annual appraisals;
- To engage with Customer’s senior management team and stakeholders to position company’s proposition as an added value supplier.
- To work collaboratively with internal company departments from; Finance, Purchasing, IT, Transport and Operations to deliver solutions and excellent service to the Customer.
- To manage the risks of doing business with the Accounts and put in place plans to mitigate these risks.
- To work with Marketing & Promotional departments to support key campaigns.
- To manage the tender (preparation, editing and delivery) and Response for Information (RFI) processes for Customers.
- To monitor and track the sales and margin performance on a regular basis and review with Line Manager on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- To identify new opportunities within a Customer’s business model and processes for company to add value to the relationship.
- To report sales and margin management information as requested by the Head of Sales and/or Managing Director.
- To capture market information such as competitor activity, innovation, pricing and record in internal systems in a timely manner.
- To comply with the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Value of teams Sales Pipelines
- Value of teams Savings Pipelines (where contracted)
- Annual/Quarterly Revenue target
- Annual/Quarterly Profit Margin target
- Delivery of Strategic Business/Account Plans for portfolio of designated Accounts over 12, 24 and 36-month periods
- Typical KPIs
- Meetings (e.g. av. 40 meetings per month)
- Quarterly Account reviews
- 1-2-1s monthly
- Annual appraisals completed
- Customer Contracted KPI’s, SLA’s and Performance Standards
Responsibilities & Turnover:
- Revenue Turnover of Customers between £1M & £100M
- Senior strategic direction of assigned customer portfolio
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Problem solving
- Advanced Presentation
- Networking to develop relationships
- Commercial acumen
- Effective negotiation
- Excellent Communications (written and oral)
- Advanced Relationship Management
- Advanced Planning
- Strategic Account Management
- High Resilience
- Supervising and coaching colleagues
- Reliable and proactive with commercial acumen
- Positive, self-starter who can multi-task under pressure
- Numerical accuracy when analysing a range of data sources
- Comfortable in business environment with senior managers up to Board level
- Extensive market sector experience with 5 - 10+ years in a senior strategic Account Management/ Business Development Director role
- Practical knowledge working ideally with large UK retail organisations, ideally but not limited to Goods Not for Resale (GNFR) sector
- Advanced commercial contractual negotiations at senior level
- Up to £65,000 depending on experience + car & benefits.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for, please contact us on a confidential basis: 0161 241 5117 or apply via our website.
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Greaves Recruitment
With over 14 years experience, we specialise in the print and packaging sectors and recruit at all levels within those industries, providing a friendly, no nonsense, honest and professional approach to the search and selection process. We excel in combining the right person with the right job to form a strong and lasting alliance for employer and candidate.RAPPORT - RECRUIT - RESULTS!