As one of the UK’s leading Packaging companies, DS Smith provides and delivers sustainable packaging services to all business from National Companies to SME’s. We have an excellent opportunity for a driven and established Sales Representative/Area Manager to join our busy Crumlin site. If you are a driven and tenacious sales professional with a proven track record in new business development then we would like to hear from you!
As part of this role, you will also be required to travel on a regular basis to meet with customers and visit other DS Smith sites.
What else will this role involve?
• Responsible for generating new business and building strong, lasting, working relationships with new customers
• Identify relevant national or key account opportunities and escalate to relevant area of the business
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with existing customers, delivering an excellent service at all times
• Ensuring that budgeted sales continue to be achieved and where possible, exceeded
• Maintain current knowledge of market trends and product developments in order to produce marketing plans and establish future sales
• Financial responsibility; meeting the annual sales budget targets, margin management of accounts and adding value and profit expectations to new business
• Responsible for recording Customer intelligence on the Business systems and presenting this information as an update for the Commercial Manager on a regular basis
• Liaising with external customers, you will build good internal working relationships both within the Sales Team and other departments and sites across DS Smith
What we expect the candidate to have:
• New business development experience, ideally within a packaging environment
• A confident, driven and tenacious approach to all aspects of work
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
• Full clean driving license
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 plus car
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Crumlin, South Wales
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.