Client Services Supervisor
Client Services Supervisor
Divisional Operations Manager
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the type of role the Job Holder is expected to perform. As the nature of our business can vary with changes in customer requirements and operating procedures the following tasks are the key duties of the role, but it is understood that the Job holder will undertake any function in which he/she is adequately trained or competant. If in time, significant changes to the role are experienced, a new Job Description will be issued.
The Supervisor role performs three functions as part of the Artwork and Constructional Design Team:
- Provide exemplary client customer service.
- Plan, organise and allocate work activities within the team in consideration of internal and external customer requirements and agreed timescales
- Manage and develop team members providing guidance and advice on day to day operational matters and welfare support
The below relates to the work packages and Artwork team supporting Key Account Sales Customer Accounts
- Co-ordinate creation of Artwork to customer’s specifications leveraging strengths and experience within the team
- Achieve budgeted performance standards in relation to quality, right first time and delivery to deadline
- Meet customer deadlines as agreed in scheduled and reactive Artwork work packages and activities
- To ensure effective internal communication through production team on the progress of all jobs
- To manage traffic for all work placed within the production departments.
- Ensure customer KPI’s are adhered to inline with contracts and SLA’s
- Create monthly KPI data sets and deviation reporting to customer’s
- Produce monthly / quarterly / annual KPI and performance reports providing analysis and narrative where applicable
- Attend, Meetings and Tcons at customer’s frequency, to discuss workload, OTD and error reporting
- To create artwork from customer brief through to completion ensuring all customer guidelines and procedures are followed. Produce within appropriate time frames.
- Referring to existing work procedures, customer standards and 9001 accreditation framework, deliver high standard, good quality artwork activities with minimal quality issues
- Ensure SOP’s and works instructions are relevant and up to date
- Demonstrate an understanding of pre-press production methods and production requirements
- Represent the team to internal and external customers to support business growth and maintenance of strong function and customer working relationships.
- Recruit skill and experience relevant employees as required (replacement or growth positions)
- Conduct all management and development reviews in line with employee life cycle (eg. Induction process, Probationary process (1,3 and 6 months), Appraisal process, attendance management meetings, investigations into underperformance or mis conduct issues, identify training and development activities etc).
- Provide first contact for team members on all technical and welfare related matters.
- Transfer artwork as requested to production sites
- Liaise with proof-readers to ensure good right first time rating
- Ensure quality standards in internal and external customer artwork is maintained and improved (minimum achievement in line with budgeted SQR rating)
- Conduct quality and disciplinary investigations inline with department and company policy
- Carry out any other reasonable task once adequately trained
- Ensure invoicing tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner in order to hit month end
Educational and professional:
- Trained to HND standard in relevant subject or appropriate experience
- Minimum of NVQ Level three team leader qualification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience in similar field
- Proven experience in project management and account management
- Customer service skills
- Experience of managing and developing employees
- Ability to delegate in a controlled and effective manner
- Knowledge of packaging pre-press industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of communication
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken
- Eye for detail
- Quality Conscious
- Communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Experience of pre-press/artwork studio production methods preferable
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Ability to adapt in fast changing environment
- Client and service orientated.
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good level of accuracy
- All functions to be carried out in accordance with ISO 9001:2000 quality management standard requirements with particular reference to the sites Quality Policy, Policy Manual & relevant Works Instructions.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, and working with due regard to the responsibilities detailed in the company’s Health & Safety Policy Statement.
- All functions to be carried out in accordance with ISO 14001 environmental management system standard requirements with particular reference to the sites Environmental Policy, Policy Manual & relevant Works Instructions.
Apply for this job
Company Summary - MPS
Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) is a leading provider of value added packagng solutions to a diverse customer base across the healthcare, branded consumer, and multi-media markets. MPS provides customers withh an extensive array of print-based speciality packaging, including premium foldin cartons, labels, leaflets/inserts, and speciality packing across a variety of substrates and finishes.