A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Ops Technical Manager wishing to enhance their career within the Printing Department of a privately owned company that has been established since 1770 and is based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. The company is the leading producer of the Racecards supplying 57 racecourses in the UK on a daily basis.
This full time role will ensure that Weatherbys Limited provides the best printed products and digital services produced in the most accurate and efficient manner possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and monitoring of all technical aspects of the print production software and workflow within the Commercial Operations Department.
The key duties will involve:
• Daily management, planning and monitoring of the team’s workload
• Regular reviews and improvements of departmental software and workflows to ensure maximum efficiencies and cost savings
• Coordination of maintenance, upgrading or replacement of applications equipment as and when required
• Working in conjunction with external partners and internal IT to coordinate departmental projects ensuring provision of quality and value for money
• Delivery of training for both applications and technical skills
Along with these key duties you will be a self-motivated, organised and flexible individual, who has impeccable attention to detail with an aptitude to motivate others. You will require excellent knowledge of the Print and Publishing industries with proven experience in supporting and implementing workflow efficiencies within these environments. You will have knowledge of Preflight (Callas pdfToolbox an advantage) and Print MIS software (Tharstern Estimating Pro) and possess exceptional problem solving skills in a deadline driven environment.