Operations Director / General Manager (Operational Focus)
||East Midlands, West Midlands
£80-100K + Company Car + Private Pension + Possible Share Options
Our client is a well-established and highly respected packaging manufacturer operating in the FMCG Market, they are looking to recruit a high calibre Operations Director to look after their ever expanding production lines.
The company are in need of a competent conductor / planner / co-ordinator / man manager to pull it together and make it happen. The company employ 110 people working 3 shifts.
Working very closing with the Managing Director the successful candidate will effectively be the Managing Director's Number 2 and will be in charge when they are not on site.
Responsibilities / Requirements
- A strong background in the Packaging or FMCG market place
- Operations Director will need to be key to implement the organisations Operations Strategy to fit the overall goals of the company
- To work with the main Board and report monthly objectives and targets
- Key IT Skills and to work on the ERP Systems
- Directly Responsible for up to 90 people
- Manage Key Personnel - Production Manager & Planner / H&S Manager / Shop Floor Line Managers / Warehouse & Logistics Manager
- Good Manufacturing Operations leadership skills required
- Commercial awareness of the contracts and to work along-side the head of commercial manager to ensure operationally can be produced and delivered
- Lean Management and set KPIs / OEE Report / Efficiencies per each line processes Manage planning between Peak & Low seasons to ensure throughout and bottle neck restraints are contained and adequate personal is covered within the year.
- The ability to successfully mentor, enthuse and lead the team
- Responsible for the sites operational function and key communicator and co-ordinator between Sales/Design, Procurement, Commercial, Production, Warehouse & Logistics, Finance & HR functions to ensure all processes are streamlined and working together
- Responsible for Supply Chain Management
- Responsible to ensure Stock levels are maintained and minimised within the business
- Responsible for OTIF (on time in full) deliveries
- Responsible for CapEx and ROI & Co-Ordinate Projects accordingly
- Understanding of multiple SKU's, Packing Lines, Print Lines, Disciplines etc
- Step in for the Managing Director in his absence
- Responsible for HR / Personnel duties within operations and training and to adhere to H&S legislations
Our client is looking for a trustworthy and hardworking individual with a hands-on approach, someone who has the ability to really push the business forward
Job Reference: PK5033
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Future Recruitment Ltd
Future Recruitment Ltd are a Search and Selection agency in the printing and packaging industry.
Our Dedicated team of consultants give our clients and candidates the best service possible.
We cover the whole of the UK.
Office hours are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.