DS Smith has an exciting opportunity available for a Print Manager at their site in Livingston. This key role will involve leading all aspects of print excellence throughout the site while meeting and supporting internal and external customer expectations, quality and delivery standards, whilst maximising and continuously improving print efficiencies and minimising costs.
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
• Do you have leadership experience and a passion for continuous improvement?
• Are you somebody who possesses excellent communication and people management skills and is able to build effective working relationships?
• Do you possess a strong working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and techniques?
• Do your values align with that of DS Smith?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
What being a Print Manager at DS Smith will involve:
The key elements of the role include driving the culture of safety and health, setting targets and supporting production in hitting KPI’s, working to the highest quality standards, assessing and advising on H&S working practices and engaging employee’s in their development, support and training needs. The role will also require you to lead the technical development and delivery of capital asset investment plans to solidify the site as a centre of excellent for print.
Some of the key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
• Manage the production process to optimise throughput efficiency whilst minimising/eliminating waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
• Enable continuous improvement as a key aspect of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
• Support the print area in enabling the delivery of budgeted targets or better.
• Engage and be part of the business tactical team tasked with owning the delivery of the medium term objectives of the business.
• Enable effective decision making of stakeholders through preparation and presentation of accurate and relevant data at daily, weekly and monthly operations reviews.
• Responsible for identifying training and development needs for print personnel.
• Responsible for disciplinary procedures to final written warning and dealing with grievances.
• In liaison with HR department taking responsibility for the recruitment of print personnel to agreed manning levels
• Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with company policy on safety / quality / hygiene etc.
• Technical knowledge and experience of flexo-print processes
• Strong leadership/management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Awareness of current SHE and employment legislation/standards
• Problem solving skills
• Exposure to change management processes
• Communication/briefing skills
• People management skills
• Experience of team building
• Budget management/cost control awareness
• Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills at management norm (SHL)
Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes would be desirable
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.6 billion, the organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme