Production Planner - Fordham
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Fordham site for a Production Planner to join the busy Planning Team. Working closely with team colleagues, Operations, Customer Service, Despatch & Logistics, you will be primarily responsible for executing, monitoring and maintaining production plans, ensuring effective and optimal use of working capital, efficient paper reel purchasing, machine scheduling and performance.
Managing the resources and activities required, to achieve the business objectives and service goals, the focus is to deliver world-class customer service to delight customers and grow our business.
What being a production planner at DS Smith will involve…
- Responsible for the effective running of the Planning function on a day-to-day basis, creating computer generated production plans for both the corrugator and 7 conversion machines.
- Liaise with both Engineering and Operations to decide how capacity demands can be achieved, while releasing machines for crew care or any other necessary repairs.
- Balance production and inventory levels, making adjustments to inventory target levels based on changes in demand and customer trends.
- Assist in the review of new enquiries of non-standard product to determine their suitability for manufacturing and fit to the business plan.
- Facilitate the co-ordination of work activities alongside your team colleagues, making appropriate decisions to delight customers and to support the production plan, systems and procedures.
- KPI monitoring and reporting plus associated project work to review performance against targets to identify opportunities for improvement, and adherence to plan.
The 'ideal candidate’…
A proven track record of performing at a high level in a busy customer service environment
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
Ability to problem solve, manage information and forward plan
Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values - Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious - will be applied in the workplace
Evidence of continuous learning and development during career
Experience of team building
Knowledge of a manufacturing environment
Ability to make decisions in a time pressured environment
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.