Production Shift Supervisor
||Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
The Production Shift Supervisor will provide support and leadership to all areas of production and being the first point of contact for the production shift. To promote and optimise manufacturing efficiencies whilst delivering 100% on-time schedule adherence
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proven manufacturing experience with demonstrated process improvement experience and leadership skills.
- Exemplary leadership and communication skills to effectively manage objectives and projects.
- Good project management, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter, able to lead cross-functional teams. Excellent man-management skills.
- Optimise Shift productivity.
- Proactively identify and implement process, system and data improvements.
- Manage attendance & resource cover.
- Monitors daily performance levels and works with individuals to meet daily performance targets.
- Maintains a daily focus upon 5M’s (Material, Machines, Manpower, Methods and Measurements)
- Observing any abnormalities and reacting to prevent disruption to the flow of product through the processes under their control.
- Closely monitor and control the delivery of the production schedule.
- Regular review and maintain performance measures; shift performance KPI’s & output levels.
- Provides clear communication of decisions to the team.
- Develops the department skill level by creating and implementing training plan.
- Ensures that the ISO & internal quality system procedures are followed and maintained in the department.
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Strong relationship building skills with proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Experience of driving productivity in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent organisation.
- Manufacturing Experience.
- Lithographic Print Experience.
- Demonstrated track record of efficiency and profitability improvements.
Essentra are a leading global provider of packaging and authentication solutions to a diversified blue-chip customer base in the health and personal care, consumer and specialist packaging sectors, and to the paper and board industries.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Essentra Plc
Essentra is a leading international supplier of specialist plastic, fibre, foam and packaging products with four Strategic Business Units: Distribution, Specialist Technologies, Health & Personal Care Packaging and Filter Products.
Every day we produce and distribute millions of small but essential components. Our products may not be noticeable – or even recognisable – but wherever you are, our business is all around you.
Our international network extends to 33 countries and includes 69 principal manufacturing facilities, 64 sales and distribution operations and 5 research & development centres.
We like to think that Essentra people have a lot in common. We work together to achieve outstanding results and welcome responsibility. We believe that a problem is only an opportunity waiting for a solution. Across Essentra we have many career opportunities that offer exciting new personal experiences and professional challenges.
Mobility is important to us. We encourage internal promotion across the Group enabling the international transfer of skills and knowledge. This helps us attract and retain talented, driven and versatile people.
Selection decisions are based on merit and we do not discriminate on any grounds. We expect our employees to be passionate about our business and strive to make a difference.
We offer focused training and development opportunities and are committed to ensuring that employees know what is expected of them and what our priorities are.