Being a R&D Packaging Project Manager in this global food & drinks manufacturer is a highly valued position to hold. It’s a role about discovering, developing and driving improvements of new and existing branded packaging through the entire life cycle, ensuring timeliness, cost and quality.
You’ll be rewarded with an attractive package, working within a dynamic, innovative environment with some of the world’s most favourite food brands.
What can you expect?
As R&D Packaging Project Manager you will work within a multi-disciplinary team, leveraging your expertise to scout for relevant new technologies to support the development and execution of our science & technology roadmaps.
The role will be working with 50 food factories globally, so we are looking for someone who has experience of working in a global role, who is able to travel and adapt to international markets.
You will plan, lead & support packaging development projects through the entire life cycle to first product or technology launch, at the same time effectively acquiring and capturing new packaging knowledge, enabling the realisation of new technologies.
Managing project stakeholders, negotiating with key decision makers and leveraging internal and external networks will be essential for your success.
Reporting to the Head of Packaging, this is a key specialist role to ensure projects are delivered to the satisfaction of our stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered for this great opportunity, we’re looking for driven and passionate candidates with the following:
- Being an experienced packaging professional you will possess a relevant qualification or degree in Packaging
- Material science baground, sound technical experience either in polymer chemistry, paper or similar.
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in packaging related technology development as well as successful project management (e.g. product launch on time, budget and quality) and strong problem solving skills.
- A Project Management qualification and/or certification in DMAIC with experience of LEAN & SIX SIGMA would be a plus, but opportunities for on-the-job learning will be given.
- Your outstanding collaboration and communication skills will make you highly effective in knowledge sharing as well as building effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Your ability to deal with ambiguous and complex problems will enable you to understand and analyse process and technical aspects, then translate complex information into simple concepts, communicating effectively to meet the overall project and business strategies.
In return we will support your development for a global career with exceptional opportunities within a high performing, innovative and supportive culture.
We offer a strong benefits package which includes a competitive pension and attractive bonus, flexible working practices, and the opportunity to select the benefits which best match your circumstances, e.g. childcare vouchers.
You will be based in a state of the art facility with a global network of Research Centre. We lead the way in how food is developed, processed and packaged globally. It's a place where creativity meets practicality, but where being pragmatic doesn't hinder ideas. If anything, it calls for more expertise and ingenuity to make fantastic initial concepts become exceptional industrialised ideas.