Sales Director - Manufactured Packaging
Circa £60K (this is genuinely flexible for the right candidate) + Bonus' (up to £30K) + 26 days holiday +Benefits + Laptop + Mobile Phone
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (30 Minutes Unpaid Lunch Break)
Commensurate with this position it will be necessary for hours to be worked outside the contracted hours as required by business needs.
Our client is a leading Packaging manufacturer based in the North. They are currently looking to recruit an Office Based Sales Director to develop and maintain profitable sales growth within the UK packaging market, meeting the key company goals of revenue, market penetration and volume sales.
The chosen candidate will plan, direct and co-ordinate the sales operations in the UK, in partnership with Group Sales Teams. You will plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for production in Sales and support departments, as well as the direct responsibility for the management of the Sales department.
My client will consider candidates from any packaging or FMCG background. In summary my client is looking for a dynamic individual who is calm in their approach and experienced in problem solving and managing the emotions of a team. The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, managing a great team.
- Responsible for 8x Internal Sales, 3x External Sales, 3x R&D, 3x Team Leaders and 2x Estimators
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Responsible to Packaging Development Team, General Market Account Managers, Commercial Manager, Estimators, Customer Services Team Leader, Sales Team
- Positions covered - External and Commercial Sales Managers
- Duty for this role - European Sales Directors
Scope of the role:
- Key internal contacts - Senior Team, Production, Scheduling, Engineering, Quality Assurance, European Supply Chain, Purchasing, Origination, HR, Finance Departments, European Sales teams, Group Board (Sales), Sales direct reports and Internal Sales Team
- Key external contacts - All customers and any external sales service providers
- Budget responsibility - Work within existing budgetary limits
- Key performance indicators - Meet set annual targets for generation of business and meet set annual sales budget (turnover) targets in line with profitable business targets
Main duties & tasks:
- Ensuring that all external customer audit and compliance obligations are communicated to production director/manager to ensure customer expectations are delivered
- Provide leadership to the sales team to ensure efficient and effective use of field sales activities
- Plan and manager the delivery of profitable consumer sales growth in line with company objectives
- Ensure all sales driven communication are consistent with brand identity
- Develop and manage sales processes and behaviours that are both effective and demonstrate the brand to the customer
- Ensure consistent implementation of the brand to the benefit of the company's UK reputation in the market
- Stay abreast of competitor and market activity, ensuring relevant change is considered when planning and implementing the sales strategy, whilst balancing short-term response with longer term objectives
- Develop, manage and maintain commercial business relationships to deliver profitable business growth ahead of the market
- Design and implement a disciplined account management approach for business customers
- Lead and support the R&D and sales team to develop strong, mutually beneficial business relationships across specific accounts
- Lead and manage the R&D and sales team to achieve business goals within agreed budgets
- Identify and drive the implementation of the most profitable approach to business opportunities
- Lead and support a cohesive, customer focused internal culture
- Support Commercial Manager and other staff to review sales processes and systems, recommending, implementing and managing ongoing improvements that will contribute to the achievement of overall business goals
- Ensure the ongoing measurement and reporting of all sales activity to ensure continuous improvement through internal challenge and debate
- Identify, explore and develop new business opportunities consistent with their customer's core strengths and ambitions
- Research and develop the commercial opportunities arising from ongoing change in the market for their products
- Identify, develop and manager opportunities for the profitable provision of design, engineering and production solutions which capitalise upon existing expertise
- Ensure all growth is profitable and sustainable
- Develop relationships, strategic alliances and customers, identifying and executing actions that will enable both defend and then drive sales into new and existing packaging customer base
- Execute a product/marketing/services proposal that will develop profitable sales
- Liaison with internal departments to progress sales
- Manage international, national and local tenders
- Identify and tender for new and existing contracts, growing market share
Please note applications for this role need to be made to Future Recruitment Ltd before the 21st May 2018!
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Future Recruitment Ltd
Future Recruitment Ltd are a Search and Selection agency in the printing and packaging industry.
Our Dedicated team of consultants give our clients and candidates the best service possible.
We cover the whole of the UK.
Office hours are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
Under GDPR guidelines any application made to Future Recruitment Ltd provides full consent to securely store your personal information for an unlimited period of time. We may email you periodically with marketing material such as; job updates or salary surveys. Please note, your data can be requested to be removed at any time.