Territory Sales Manager - Redistribution
||Yorkshire West, Merseyside, Manchester
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of food packaging, film, trays, plastic + foil containers, wicketted bags, plastic + paper bags, refuse sacks, etc. into major multiple retailers, distributors, cash & carries and wholesalers in the UK.
The role of the Territory Sales Manager is within the Redistribution Sales Team. Key responsibility of this role is to manage an established customer base located in a specific geographical area from Liverpool to Bradford and deliver new business.
Main Purpose of the Role: In this exciting role, you will report to the Field Sales Manager and will have full responsibility for the sales development, profitability growth and management of an established account portfolio. You will also be required to seek, develop and secure new business wins in the re-distribution market sector in line with company targets and performance set KPI's
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve and exceed individual territory sales target and new business sales target in line with company budget.
- To manage and ensure profitable growth within your territory account portfolio.
- To identify and prospect new business opportunities and convert into new business wins.
- To acquire, maintain and communicate back to the business up to date competitor information which will include product range offering, services and pricing policies.
- To plan coverage of your territory account portfolio using a detailed journey plan
- To collate a detailed profile for each of your accounts which will include:- key decision makers, products supplied, new product opportunities.
- Contract period where applicable
- Plan a sales strategy for each account with clear objectives to ensure profitable growth.
- Communicate with all appropriate departments to ensure set objectives for individual accounts are met.
- Monitor stock levels and movements on any bespoke product lines and ensure that the stock is cleared in line with company timescales.
- Assist the credit control supervisor to ensure strict payment to terms as agreed with each account timeline.
- A minimum of 2 years in an Account Management role is preferred.
- Experience in food packaging or consumables or an understanding of supply chain to cash and carries is also desirable.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with an understanding of leakage and credit control.
- Customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Pricing and product knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
- Initiative, energy and persistence.
- Language skills (not essential).
- IT literate.
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Future Recruitment Ltd
Future Recruitment Ltd are a Search and Selection agency in the printing and packaging industry.
Our Dedicated team of consultants give our clients and candidates the best service possible.
We cover the whole of the UK.
Office hours are 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
Under GDPR guidelines any application made to Future Recruitment Ltd provides full consent to securely store your personal information for an unlimited period of time. We may email you periodically with marketing material such as; job updates or salary surveys. Please note, your data can be requested to be removed at any time.