About the role
Barclay’s Print is looking to expand its premises and its client base and the company is ready to invest time into the development of one or more young sales executives. The company has great people, with extensive experience of developing long-term, profitable client relationships and we want to help a young and enthusiastic trainee to learn how to do the same thing.
Working as part of the sales team, the ideal candidate will be prepared to do the hard yards with cold calling, telephone sales calls and working hard to attract new leads. The company will support them with marketing activity, mentoring and by celebrating successful efforts, not just sales results, to build confidence as well as a client base.
Basic working hours will be 9am to 5pm, however, the successful candidate is expected to be co-operative in working longer hours according to the needs of the business. In return, the right person will receive a good starting salary and generous commission, in a nurturing environment, and benefit from 25 days annual paid leave and a contributory pension scheme.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an intelligent and ambitious young person who wants to build a successful career in sales. The right person will be bright, confident and organised and willing to learn. Good attitude and a strong work ethic are more important than a knowledge of the industry, although some experience in a sales environment will be an advantage. The company cares about its people, its clients and its work and we want to attract an your professional who is ambitious and wants to work in a fair and encouraging environment for a long time.
Key Tasks and Objectives
- Learn about the company, printing and mailing production and the services that we provide
- Build internal relationships with key stakeholders, including existing sales and account management staff, to be able to use their experience as a learning platform
- Develop new business opportunities through consistent and organised, directed sales activity
- Open new accounts and with the support of account management, develop turnover and profitability of those new accounts
- Attend prospect and new client meetings with members of the sales team
- Develop personal understanding and confidence over time, to be able to hold prospect meetings without support
- Develop existing accounts to maximise turnover and profitability in partnership with the account management team
- Working with the team to account manage customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Good verbal, written communication and effective listening skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, attention to detail
- Ability to cope with multiple projects at one time
- The confidence and tenacity to keep trying when success can be a difficult thing to achieve
- Able and willing to assist other members of the team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and positive in the face of disappointment
It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate against its workers on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. This policy is for guidance only. This policy applies to the Company’s employees, whether permanent, temporary, casual, part-time or on fixed-term contracts, to ex- employees, to job applicants and to individuals such as agency staff and consultants who are not our employees, but who work at the Company (collectively “workers”).