UK Global Account Manager
||Up to £50,000 l + bonus , car allowance & bens
- Global Account Manager (GAM)
- UK Wide - Home office set up
Purpose of Role:
- You will be responsible for developing and leading the Apparel Labelling Industry customer/s strategy, resource coordination, revenue and margin expectations and relationships within a global account(s).
- You will engage with existing customers (Head Office/Buying Offices and Garment Vendors) to maintain existing business and drive forward new revenue growth, whilst meeting and exceeding corporate gross margin, days sales outstanding (DSO) and agreed inventory targets.
- Sales budget/forecast responsibility for the customer revenue, Margin, DSO and DII.
- Prepare a strategic business plan for their nominated accounts covering all of the items specified by the UK Director.
- Develop a broad range of multi-level relationships within both the retailer/s and where applicable their vendors.
- Drive sales through new business development opportunities with the account/s.
- Research customer’s stores to review the current trends, identify competition and identify new product opportunities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Conduct regular meetings with client to engage in all aspects of account management
- Conduct formal presentations (using PowerPoint or other suitable package) to client on new pro-active solutions, new product launches, and key strategic plans for the company etc.
- Continually present ideas beyond the expectations of the client.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure the efficient day to day running of the account.
- Provide comprehensive information on product requirements for development and pricing.
- Upon presentation of the costs, you will be expected to consolidate and submit to client, negotiating whenever needed.
- You will work with all relevant overseas operations to drive through retailer nomination and devise a country strategy to drive local sales.
- To continually review the existing pricing and look for ways to drive out cost to improve margins.
- Work on improving communication within the internal and overseas teams on all levels for each customer. Introduce new ways of working and create documents that can be used to share information within the teams.
- Produce regular monthly reports to the UK Director on progress with account development and sales forecasts.
- Ensure that any potential risk to the company is minimized and communicated immediately.
- Preferably educated to Degree Level.
Experience & Additional Requirements:
Product Knowledge & Technical Experience
- A strong understanding of the Apparel Labelling Industry and product range is a requirement.
- A solid understanding of major retailer’s processes and requirements from a labelling supplier.
- Commercial/Sales and Business Management Experience:
- High level experience of client negotiations at senior/board level.
- Good commercial awareness with experience and knowledge of dealing with major International clients.
- Having developed and worked through a Strategic / Consultative approach to key accounts.
Computer Skills / Presentation Skills:
- High level of IT knowledge required and is able to prepare and present professional corporate presentations to existing and potential clients at board level.
- The individual must be able to adapt their presentation style to the audience whether that is Factory; Garment Buying Teams; merchandisers; agents or Head Office.
- International – cross borders experience having managed global teams.
- Communicating up and down the organisation to ensure the development of the role and raising the profile within the company.
- Keep team members updated and garner critical support whenever needed.
- The SAM successfully understands the customer and their needs, and can effectively work with CKP product management to offer insight and intelligence on how to best improve offerings as defined by unique customer demands.
- It is essential that you are recognized internally and viewed as the primary contact due to excellent communications skills and continuous relationship building. With strong functional area relationships across the globe (local AMs in applicable countries), the SAM ensures complete support and visibility around the company’s highest value customers. The SAM can also offer the greater team new insights from his/her client that may be transferrable to other customer & LOB’s.
- Full understanding of the internal procedures and processes are essential to be effective in the role.
- Able to prepare, monitor and evaluate projects to improve bottom line performance through efficiency savings.
- This role will involve travel within the UK and abroad, when the demands of the business require.
Salary & Benefits:
- Up to £50,000 pa depending on experience plus bonus (up to £15,000), car allowance, benefits.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for, please contact us on a confidential basis:
Apply for this job
Company Summary - Greaves Recruitment
With over 14 years experience, we specialise in the print and packaging sectors and recruit at all levels within those industries, providing a friendly, no nonsense, honest and professional approach to the search and selection process. We excel in combining the right person with the right job to form a strong and lasting alliance for employer and candidate.RAPPORT - RECRUIT - RESULTS!