The information we collect from you is only that required by us in order for us to provide you with the service and information required.
By utilising oZZle’s “Xclude” feature you can control who cannot view your personal details e.g. current or previous employers. However oZZle does not accept responsibility for any spelling, typographical, company name changes, acquisitions, group associations or any other errors when utilising this facility.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
The majority of the Personal Information we hold you freely provide to us when you submit to us your CV or job cover letter for a job application. If there is any information you would prefer us not to have, please omit this from any submissions sent to us. Some personal data is necessary for us to create an account for you, so in the instance where you do not want to share this Personal Information, we will be unable to provide our services to you.
Other sources we use also include:
- The software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices
- Publicly available information;
- Other tools and applications
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect and store about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence
- Professional history information available publicly: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
- Marketing preferences: defined when entering a competition or prize draw, submitting a survey response or other sales/marketing promotional activity
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes such as salary comparison services. Where we utilise such information, we will do so using an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
- Consent: In some cases, oZZle processes your data with your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- Processing required to fulfil a contract: oZZle may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application
- Legitimate Interest: oZZle can also process your data when it is deemed our legitimate interest to do so and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services at all times
- Enabling our Websites and Apps to operate effectively
- Protecting and maintaining the safety, health and welfare of our customers, employees and other individuals
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services and/or sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers activities, needs, behaviours and preferences
- Developing new products and services and improving existing products
- Managing complaints, queries, customer contacts or disputes
- Fulfilling our obligations to our customers, employees and shareholders
The basis for processing this information will be based on an applicable legal obligation. Other examples where oZZle may process your data include complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour, This may include the need to work and share this information with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
oZZle may make Personal Information available to the following:
- Recruiters and Agents: Whilst undertaking our business purpose to help you search for and get a job, oZZle may make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters and other intermediaries and agents and other carefully selected business partners
- Our service providers: This includes, but is not limited to, external third-party service providers such as accountants and auditors, IT systems, support and hosting service providers, market research and analysis service providers, data storage and cloud providers and other outsourced providers that assist us in carrying out business requirements
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action: oZZle may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate. Examples would be to comply with applicable law, protect our operations, and to protect the rights of ourselves, our group, you or others
- Other third parties: Where appropriate, we may occasionally share Personal Information with other third parties. This will always be done under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
Direct & Automated Marketing
We may share your data with Third Party processors for the following purposes:
- To contact you via Email; SMS; Social Media; Telephone and Mail regarding orders; offers; promotions; products or services.
- To enhance and improve our marketing/advertising campaigns to you, providing you with a more tailored service.
- To facilitate in providing you with an improved product or service.
- To enrich our data, with your consent, for the purposes listed above.
- To automate our internal marketing processes and services.
We work with the following Third Parties to facilitate the above:
- Google Adwords
How we use Personal Information?
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have previously provided. Please be aware you can always change these in your account.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions
- Enable social media sharing functionality
- Personalise your experience on oZZle by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or customers (you)
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction
- Communicate with you as part of our business and distribute important information regarding changes to our policies.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
Below are the ways in which you can take control of how we use your Personal Information:
When you register or apply for a job through oZZle, you will create an account on the site, against which we will store your basic details such as name, contact number, location, CV (if supplied). On future visits, when logging in to your 'My Account' area, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your Account at any time, by logging in to your "My Account". As part of the account creation process, you will also agree to our Terms and Conditions and can choose how we keep in contact with you. If you want to update your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and updating your preferences.
Provided you have consented to do so, your CV can be viewed by oZZle customers. To make your CV visible on CV Search is the default setting as it helps to fulfil the purpose of the business. You may however choose to remove your CV from being seen by customers of oZZle, meaning that your CV and profile will not appear in any CV Searches. In this instance, you are still able to apply for vacancies with your CV.
Communications and Promotions:
You can decide to update your preferences or unsubscribe from any employment or promotional information that we may send to you by using the below methods:
- Using the preferences or unsubscribe functions at the bottom of any email we send
- Amending your account details by logging in to our website and opting-in/out of the available communication preferences options
- Contacting us on the Contact Us page of oZZle
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is generally anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
You can however learn more about privacy at Google or choose to opt-out of this feature entirely by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Deleting your Personal Information:
You can remove any of the information that oZZle stores about you, at any time, by logging in to your account and choosing to ‘delete my account’.
If you would like to permanently delete your account and all information held on you (that isn’t legally required to be kept for legitimate business purposes), you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Permanently delete my information and account". Make sure to let us know who you are so we can identify the information to be permanently deleted.
oZZle is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect you to our fullest capability. To minimise any potential breach or misuse, only cleared employees have access to the Personal Information that you provide us.
oZZle use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be nonnegotiable. These providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. However, we will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of any information, including Personal Data, by these companies.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (oZZle retain the right to charge an administrative fee, fixed at £10, in cases where the request for information can be deemed excessive)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- The right to object to how your Personal Information is being used;
- And ultimately the right to request erasure of any data we hold on you in line with legal obligations to the contrary
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us now
Third Party Privacy Practices
oZZle may make links to other websites available to our customers where we feel there is a benefit or service that our customers may find useful. When you click on such links, you may leave our Site. In some instances, pages we operate may contain information provided by third-party Employers.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: email@example.com.